Please email Media Shark at email@example.com if you have any queries about your Personal Information, how we deal with your Personal Information or would like to amend or otherwise delete your Personal Information.
- How Media Shark will collect and handle a User’s personal information;
- The kinds of personal information that Media Shark will collect and store;
- The purpose for which Media Shark collects personal information;
- How the User can contact the data controller;
- To contact the User in response to a query or feedback from the User or due to the information provided by the User;
- To enable Media Shark or an Associate to provide the User with information;
- For marketing or promotional purposes;
- To provide the User with quotes in relation to goods or services;
- To verify a User’s identity;
- For any other purpose at Media Sharks sole discretion.
- The User’s full name;
- The User’s payment details including banking or credit card information;
- The User’s telephone numbers and email address;
- The User’s home address;
- Information which the User supplies to Media Shark including but not limited to photographs, images or written content.
Collecting the User’s Personal Information
Media Shark will not collect personal information about a User without that User’s consent and will only collect that personal information which a User voluntarily provides to Media Shark.
Media Shark may also collect personal information about a User from another business that you have authorised to deal with us on your behalf, from other companies that provide comparison services or other third parties.
Protecting the User’s Personal Information
Media Shark will take all reasonable steps to protect the User’s personal information from loss, misuse, and unauthorised access.
Media Shark will also destroy or de-identify any personal information which belongs to a User if that User requests that Media Shark to do so.
Use of Personal Information
Media Shark will use the User’s personal information for the primary purpose of providing the User with the service or offers in relation to the service.
Media Shark will receive remuneration for the sale of User’s personal information and data to relevant third party businesses or participating suppliers.
Other purposes for which the User’s personal information may be used include, but are not limited to:
- Enhancing the security of both Media Shark and the User;
- Providing Media Shark business partners or participating suppliers with the Users personal information so that they may provide the User with information about their products and services;
- Processing payments;
- Contacting the User in respect of any queries or complaints;
- For internal business management including accounting;
- To advise the User of new product offering or promotions;
- For legal proceedings if a dispute or claim arises as a result of the User’s use of Media Sharks website.
User’s personal information may be used by Media Shark to make automated decisions.
The User’s personal information is hosted by Siteground servers.
The Data Controller is Media Shark. The Data Controller can be contacted via email at
Use of personal information for research purposes
Media Shark may use a User’s de-identified personal information for research and development purposes without obtaining a User’s consent.
Individuals Right of Access
The User’s personal information is collected in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and is held for two (2) years.
A User can request to delete or amend any personal information stored by Media Shark or its Associates, and/or request a Subject Access Request (“SAR”) by contacting Media Shark via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Media Shark will take all reasonable steps to allow a User to access the User’s personal information unless such access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of other individuals and other Users.
A User can contact Media Shark at any time at email@example.com to opt out of direct marketing or unsubscribe.
Cookies and Usage Tracking
Media Shark and any Associate or relevant third party may use small text files called “cookies”:
To enable more efficient browsing of Media Shark website;
For statistical purposes, such as to determine which pages visitors view most often, and to provide a better browsing experience.